Sunset in the Champlain Valley

Sunset in the Champlain Valley
So much to be grateful for!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Devil Colony (Sigma Force #7)The Devil Colony by James Rollins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


James Rollins hooked me from the get-go with his book Amazonia. Lo these many years later, with his latest, The Devil Colony, he is still keeping me enthralled.

The Devil Colony is the latest installation of the Sigma Force series, and I was first on the list when the local library got it. I've actually now read it through twice. I love Rollins' writing because the action is fantastic; very descriptive, pulls you right in. Yet the character development stays strong throughout the series--you keep caring about the individuals whose adventures we're addicted to following. And yet the best part for me is how he weaves in real stuff--real technology, real history--to tell the tale. Who knew that elements of our United States Seal came from the Iroquois leader, Chief Canasatego, and others from Manasseh, one of the ten lost tribes of Israel? Food for thought, that.

Great book, great read, an irrisistible distraction from those things we need to do. So don't start it if you have work to do!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment