Sunset in the Champlain Valley

Sunset in the Champlain Valley
So much to be grateful for!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

at the lakeshore, just hanging out ...



This is the lakeshore. This was the day Denver and I did almost 6 miles on the Burlington bike path--on scooters. I'm not kidding.


We stopped for a well-deserved rest, and I wanted to commune with the deva of Lake Champlain. I love it, I love this lake, and feel so blessed to have spent most of my life in its embrace.


The lake has so many faces--so many different colors, so many different moods, so many ways to draw us in, and many to spin us out... This was a grey day, but a beautiful day.


In the 40s today--is winter breaking its grip? Just teasing, I'm afraid. But soon, all to soon, we'll be in the lake again, playing in the water, basking in the sun and wind... time is flying by, spinning my head around, dizzy it's moving so fast. The lake is a constant; a constant of the landscape, a constant in the energy matrix of this magical place, a constant in history, in time, in memory and ancestry.

just musing, that's all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment