Sunset in the Champlain Valley

Sunset in the Champlain Valley
So much to be grateful for!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011


Getting Cosmic
Part I

Besides writing daily, I had another New Year’s Resolution: to Get Cosmic at least once daily. Indulging in Marna Magic is another way I think of it—it includes meditating with crystals, meditating with my energy batteries, using energy essences on my chakras in meditation for the purposes of clearing, healing, enhancing and otherwise expanding them for optimal function; journeying also comes under this category.

I know myself well enough now that I know I function much better when I make time for this sort of activity. I maintain connection with my Higher Self better (source of one’s Higher wisdom and power); I stay centered more easily, less vulnerable to the Winds of Change and Cosmic Tides, as others are buffeted about. I’ve been doing fairly well at scheduling cosmic time into my planner.

A wonderful opportunity for this came last Saturday evening, in a Ceremony of Light held in Shelburne by James Riverstone, a shaman in the Inka tradition. I had participated in this before, and really enjoyed it. I was heretofore ignorant of this branch of shamanism, and the experience was very fulfilling.

As a part of this four-hour ceremony, he guided us on a journey to a sacred jungle lagoon. In my mind’s eye the lagoon was a clear aqua color, vibrant as a jewel in the midst of the green jungle. I dove into the water, reveled in its qualities of flowing, cool smoothness, carrying a calming peace in its flow. After a time, as James’ guided us, I lay down to soak in the sun on a boulder, allowing the rays to warm me from above, while the heat from the sun-soaked rock baked me from below. He also suggested that we may have contact with some of our animal teachers.

Sure enough, a jaguar emerged from the darkness of the jungle across the lagoon, and then was suddenly on the rock next to me. As part of the journey, I wasn’t surprised. It looked at me with huge golden eyes, for several moments. It bore right through to my soul, and I knew in an instant that it knew All of me. It has known me, and I it—Jaguar Medicine, incarnate. It was a gorgeous creature, regal and majestic, undeniable in its essence. It pulled its gaze away to bend its head down, and casually lick my ankle with its long, rough warm tongue, twice. It lay down, stretched long and languid in the sun, then stretched out to relax and soak up the rays with me.

It was a hugely profound moment for me, feeling this complete ease and comfort with this creature. My lifelong allergy to cats has basically threatened my life and well-being on many occasions, so my mental and emotional relationship with them has been tricky. I once asked in a past life reading (the same one mentioned in a previous blog) about this allergy to cats, because I love animals, and was told “there is no such thing as allergies.” I was told that my problematic physical response to “…that which is the Cat…” is the result of thought forms I’ve carried with me for ages, created from not one but two lifetimes being fed to the lions as a Christian! (Good Lord, I really needed to do that twice? Really?)

So here I am on this rock with this beautiful animal, and I’m feeling such a bond, a connection with it. There is such power in its being, such strength. A jaguar does not have self-esteem issues. It never dims its light, sabotages itself or becomes a doormat because of childhood trauma. A Jaguar just Is. It is power, it is beauty, it is strength and speed, and as I connect with this being, it imbues me with all of it. At the same time, I know it is acknowledging me as its equal. We kind of morph together energetically and it is a wondrous experience for me. Owning that strength as mine, claiming that power—I can feel my energy body expanding a hundred-fold. Jaguar Medicine is good medicine.

Part II of Getting Cosmic will post later today or tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment