Sunset in the Champlain Valley

Sunset in the Champlain Valley
So much to be grateful for!

Friday, January 14, 2011

I've just accepted a new job

I've just accepted a new job. It's a very important one--my calling, my vocation, my job. I've just hired myself to be Me.

I've recently taken a good look at my Self, and realized that I wasn't working up to snuff. So I fired me. Just wasn't taking the job seriously enough.

I mean, really ... who do I want for this job of being ME, living my life? It's a really important job, I have many important things to accomplish, and I just wasn't working out, wasn't making the grade. So I handed out the pink slip. I didn't like getting it. Not nice, being fired. But I accepted it, because it was for the best.

And now, I've made a commitment to this Job. I'm going to take it seriously, take the work I've assigned myself this lifetime, seriously. I've got a family who needs me, a community that relies on me, a country that needs healing, a planet crying out for balance and equilibrium. I have the tools and the energy and the knowledge to make a difference, to matter. Time to utilize all the tools and strengths at hand to make an even greater difference, now. After all, it's the Now Year (to quote Jason Mraz).

Yes, I have been doing it ... but it's time to step up to a higher level of commitment, and action. Time to really get tuned in, tapped in, turned on, as Abraham says. I'm qualified, and now, re-motivated and revitalized for the Job at hand.

In the home, in the field, in the office, it's all my Job. And I am NOW, the best possible person for this job of being Me. Let me know if you catch me snoozing on the Job, will you?


No comments:

Post a Comment